One unique trait of the floral industry is our willingness to help each other succeed. In fact, that is the very reason why Beneva Solutions exists. This last week, we had the joy of sharing the Beneva experience with Jody Brown-Spivey AFID of Expressions Floral Design Studio in Columbus, Ohio. During her time with us, we were able to share our knowledge for marketing tactics and glean from her designer expertise. In this video, Jody demonstrates how to create a floral design that is trending her area.
When you look at 12 months of retail sales, you most likely will find that July is the weakest, along with January. Taking it one step further, out of 5 workdays, Tuesday is historically the lowest volume.
We have the staff and fresh flowers, let’s get the product out there for our customers to enjoy at a price most anyone can afford, $20. Yes, that is $20 DELIVERED!
Think about it, for just $20 you can have a beautiful mixture of fresh cut flowers hand selected, wrapped and delivered locally. The ads read, “Treat a friend or yourself to a wonderful surprise of fresh cut flowers delivered today.”
This has become so popular, we promoted 20 roses for $20 this past Tuesday and WOW what a surprise it was. We sold out the original 600 roses by 8am that morning (since we began promoting it the night before)! We arranged for 1000 more roses and extended it through the next day. We were sold out by 3pm! What a day. It was a holiday in July.
So what’s the point? There are several:
- We have the product and the staff, and sales are slow, so why not promote the thrill of sending and receiving flowers at a price most anyone can afford?
- We are in all the local offices and the customers are all talking. You know what happens, once someone gets a delivery, everyone wants to know why they got flowers.
- $20 shows we’re affordable. Too many consumers think it is too expensive to go to a local flower shop for flowers. Not true. And yes, you don’t have to spend $50 on an order for delivery.
- This product is hidden so no one can find it on the website unless they click on the link in the email or Facebook.
- It’s a great post for Social Media. After all, we want to keep our followers engaged. When people ask how we have over 21,000 LIKES, we tell them, unique content. Make ‘em look!
Today, the retail environment is more challenging than ever. We need to start working SMARTER. My father always said, “A little margin is better than 0 margin”. I never forgot that.
It’s summer, we are happy to stay busy as we remind our customers Beneva is a very affordable way to “Say it with Flowers”.