Retailing flowers has become more competitive and challenging than ever before, and the fact that there is no regulation of our industry continues to challenge every retail florist in the country. The lack of regulation is why the deceptive order gatherers continue to thrive at our expense and hurt our bottom line. Fortunately, there is something we can do about it, and we do have a voice – all we need is a plan.
What is our strength?
Same-day delivery is the biggest advantage we have as florists, and it’s a strength that online-only florists can’t compete with. We need to be sure our customers are aware of this, and we need to constantly remind them that we offer the ability to take care of their orders no matter where in the country they are going.
What is our plan?
– Now that you understand that Flower Delivery Express is owned and operated by Wesley Berry, think twice before filling their orders. Ava’s and Just Flowers continue to call orders out using their names. Ranch Florist is also questionable as is Gift Tree. We are all better off helping local florists instead of helping deceptive order gatherers.
– Commit to fulfilling same-day delivery from local florists, and focus on earning more outgoing business. You can do it, and we’re here to help if you need us!
– We can all stay informed and run our businesses confidently, knowing we have partners in every city and state to complete the transactions. Many customers are unaware that their local florist can service their floral and gift giving needs anywhere. It’s up to us to let them know that our personal service extends beyond out local delivery area.
What else can we do?
– FedEx reported $45 billion in revenue in 2013 by focusing on overnight delivery. Why aren’t we letting everyone know that we can deliver the same day – anywhere in the country?
– We should consider promoting our business as a gift concierge that specializes in flowers. If we offer the highest level of service to our customers and take care of their requests, one-stop shopping with us gives them no reason to shop elsewhere.
– We can help each other by continuing to stay ahead of deceptive order gatherers by reporting new ones here.
Where do we begin?
The most important way to strengthen our business is through marketing. When you assess your marketing efforts, the first thing to consider is the strength of your social media. How active and visible are you on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Yelp? If you need help enhancing your brand online, we offer services to do it for you. Call us anytime and we will be happy to help. Together we can improve our industry; it just takes commitment from local florists working together. Tell us your thoughts or call us at (866) 786-2420, and let us know how we can help.