What a great call! We are still reeling over the points everyone made. Our featured speakers, Charles Carithers from Carithers Flowers, Jim Gainan from Gainan’s Flowers and Steve Buckwald from Surroundings Flowers covered a wide array of topics from getting back to your roots, exceeding expectations and remembering to focus your marketing on your own backyard. Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge regarding the future of our industry and (Jim, Art will work on that motivational tape for your car.)
Here are the top 10 takeaways from the Florist Feedback call.
1. Being a “Yes We Can*” florist is not just an attitude. It is a way to we all need to run our businesses.
2. You must build trusting relationships with your customers through brand awareness using outlets like social media.
3. Having a marketer’s mentality will always lead to growth.
4. Measuring your marketing efforts will let you know what should stay and what should go.
5. Wire services should be treated like partners. Focus on their tools not their weaknesses.
6. LocalFlowerShop.com provides a rating system for florists. This allows florists to rate their peers.
7. Your marketing efforts need to be diverse just like an investment portfolio.
8. By creating a lost order log you will discover why your shop is not closing sales.
9. Marketing Thanksgiving and using the “turn 2” method will increase holiday orders.
10. You have to figure out what works for your shop and your market.
If you missed the call and would like a recorded version, send an email to Lindsay@Beneva.com. We are happy to share.
*Free “Yes We Can” success kits are available upon request