“It has been clearly proven that the confidence of our consumers is declining, which can only lead to declining sales. This should be a red flag and a concern for all of us. This video includes tips for everyone to take back their business NOW!”
PART THREE of the 10-Part Series: Promoting floralapp® through email signatures
Email signatures are a tool that is most often underutilized. Think about how many emails we receive and send per day. Now think about how often those messages are then forwarded to another recipient. It begins to add up, and email signatures are a way to promote whatever you wish in a very cost effective way. Why do you think so many people added their websites when the internet became popular? They understood the value of the email signature and the exposure it receives!
Adding floralapp® download instructions are a very cost efficient way to promote your app to all those people you are emailing on a daily basis. The best part about the email signature is that it can be updated and changed with just a few clicks of a button, which means that you could add floralapp® specials to it as well to drive downloads.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE: First you need to establish what kind of email client you are using. For example: gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, Microsoft Outlook, etc. Once you have that figured out, click on the appropriate email client below for instructions and you are in business!
**if you are unsure or need help with this please email us and we would be happy to help you**
SOME RECOMMENDED FLORALAPP® SIGNATURES:
- Take us with you… download our FREE floralapp today at www.floralapp.com/YOURKEYWORD (keyword: YOURKEYWORD) and see just how easy ordering gifts can be!
- Want a quick and easy way to send flowers & gifts? Download floralapp® on your smartphone and save time! Go to www.floralapp.com/YOURKEYWORD and type in the keyword: YOURKEYWORD or go to your smartphone’s app store! We make it easy!
- Did you know … we have an app that you can purchase flowers and gifts from? Go to www.floralapp.com/YOURKEYWORD and type in our keyword: YOURKEYWORD or download straight from your smartphone’s app store. We make it easy to send gifts!
- TAKE US WITH YOU….literally!! We have an app to purchase flowers and gifts from, just go to www.floralapp.com/YOURKEYWORD and type in our keyword: YOURKEYWORD or download straight from your smartphone’s app store. Send flowers right from your phone the quick and easy way!
Here at the floralapp® headquarters, we want YOU to succeed. Ecommerce is on a dramatic rise and we all need to do our part to expose our floralapp® to our customers! If we can further help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or click here to open a live chat with a floralapp® representative.
~your floralapp® team
PART TWO of the 10-Part Series: Promoting floralapp® on your social media sites
The birthing of social media has been a blessing to most businesses. It gives us a way to promote, market, sell, brand, and truly label ourselves in the most time effective manner possible. The most difficult thing about social media, however, is that your content must be consistently updated. A lot of businesses hop online in hopes that after 2 or 3 posts they will see a record number of sales come in. This is not the way social media works. Like anything else, it takes time and a little elbow grease. The good news is that the elbow grease needed isn’t half as bad as some of the elbow grease we’ve had to put into our business!
If you haven’t already, sign up for at least Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress. These are the mainstream social media tools that can help you get your floralapp® name out there. Facebook is a social media tool that most all of us are familiar with. It’s your basic networking and sharing tool through the ‘net. Twitter is different than Facebook because of the way you reach your audience. It is moreso a one-way, broad audience, communication tool. WordPress, on the other hand is very different than both of these social media tools. WordPress is a blogging site to which you are able to post articles, stories, thoughts, ideas, recipes, basically anything you can think of! All of these devices are free and can be integrated with each other (linked together). If you would like to read more about social media marketing, a good starting point would be to read this Wikipedia article on social media marketing.
Now that we have had a little social media 101, we are ready to get started. Here are some ideas to push your floralapp® exposure through the various means in which we’ve just discussed.
- Post pictures of ALL your floralapp® offers
- Post special offers and app only discounts
- Engage in conversations with your ‘friends’ about purchasing through floralapp®
- Like Facebook, post pictures about your offers
- ‘Tweet’ any additional offers or give more information on pictures posted
- Use hashtags in your posts (#nameofhashtag)
- Elaborate on how to use floralapp® – features, etc
- Write about how you can save time using floralapp®
- Make special blog posts for app only specials
- Post a blog about using your QR code with floralapp®
There are countless ways to use social media to help with your exposure. If you need any additional help doing any of the above, please call our team and we would be happy to assist you.
All our best,
Your floralapp® team
www.floralapp.com | 1-800-560-0501
In an effort to help all floralapp® members succeed at increasing their floralapp® exposure, we have decided to do a 10-part blog, listing different ways to help shops accomplish one goal: getting more downloads. Which we all know more downloads equals more sales! So, essentially, it is about exposing your customers and potential customers to this simple and easy way to purchase flowers.
We know that people are purchasing countless goods and services from their smartphones already. Well, why not flowers, too? Especially since many of the people nowadays don’t have enough time in their schedules to drive to the nearest flower shop and deliver them themselves. The era of ‘we want it now in the easiest form possible’ is here. You can tell from the mobile app statistics, everyone is purchasing from their smartphones and this is setting a pace like the internet once did when it was maturing into what it is now. If you are or not seeing results from YOUR floralapp®, we invite you to return to this blog every week for the next 10 weeks to see another helpful tip on how to increase your exposure.
Our blog posting agenda for the next 10 weeks is listed to the right so that you can see what to look forward to next! Click on the picture to enlarge – if you wish to save the file to your computer you would then use your mouse and click the right mouse button to save the image to your computer once you’ve enlarged it.
PART ONE of the 10-Part Series: Utilizing the floralapp® Marketing Suite Material
What is a floralapp® Marketing Suite? This is the marketing material that your floralapp® representative supplied to you when you first became a member of floralapp®. The Marketing Suite is the collective name given to the group of 3 pieces of marketing material: tags(front)/tags(back), posters, and stuffers. These marketing tools are all designed for different uses. Click the picture to the left to see all of the pieces of a marketing suite.
So, now that we know what a Marketing Suite is, how do you use it? There are numerous ways to expose these print pieces to your customers and potential customers! Try to be creative when marketing. However, utilizing these pieces are done differently between the three. To better explain the usage of each piece, we have individually mapped them out for you below. If you can think of anything we forgot, or you do something differently at YOUR shop, feel free to write a comment at the end of this post!
TAGS: These 2-sided print pieces are best printed on cardstock by your local print house (Staples, Kinkos, Sir Speedy, etc). Once you have gotten these pieces in hand, you can distribute to your customers by:
- Handing them out with every receipt given over-the-counter
- Attach them to delivery arrangements
- Leave them on your counter for customers to take
POSTERS: This 1-sided print piece is best printed on large glossy paper by your local print house (Staples, Kinkos, Sir Speedy, etc). Once you have gotten this piece in hand, you can hang the poster in many places for the most exposure:
- On the walls in your showroom
- On your shop’s entrance door
- Underneath a piece of glass on your customer service station
- At local events or a local business affiliate
STUFFERS: This 1-sided print piece comes in 3 parts that must be cut. It can be printed and cut in your shop and does not need to be on high quality paper from a local print house. Once you have printed and cut these pieces, you can disburse in many ways including:
- In every piece of mail sent to your customer (invoices, advertisements, etc)
- Leave on the counter at local businesses (with proper approval of course)
- Use as inserts in your local newspaper (we recommend printing on high quality paper for this)
If you have floralapp® and cannot find your Marketing Suite files that were sent to you when you first signed up with floralapp®, please send an email to email@example.com to get duplicates (please include your shop name when requesting duplicate Marketing Suites).
As always, please like this post if you thought it was helpful! We thank you for being part of the floralapp® community!
~Your floralapp® Team
www.floralapp.com | 1-800-560-0501
You may have seen the emails regarding our 2013 Floral Calendar, but you haven’t seen it like you will in this video! Art walks you through our new 2013 calendar, gives you a sneak preview, and of course, gives you tips along the way on how to utilize the calendar as a marketing tool. If your thinking of placing an order HURRY FAST because our $100 off sale ends the 30th! Click here to order today! Call us for more information regarding the calendar at 1-866-768-2420.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and for aggressive florists, it’s your chance to protect your business and get new customers. The questions are, “Who will shop with you?” and “Why should they?”
What makes you the best choice for a customer to use when sending flowers? The days of assuming the orders will come are gone. The only thing you can count on is incoming wire orders, and who do they come from? Aggressive marketers!
It’s time for everyone to “gather up orders.” If someone is out looking to send flowers, as far as you are concerned, they should be sending from you. But why?
1) Have marketed using print and online advertising to be where customers are looking. Places like your local newspaper, TV, radio and/or email campaigns.
2) Have the most pleasant, trained staff answering the phones and taking orders. This is because you took the time to outline your operations and develop a plan with benchmarks, and listing realistic expectations which you have discussed and reviewed with your sales staff.
3) Reviewed all your coupons and special offers with your staff. They need to know what your company is offering before your customer calls. Also, be sure to add the Teleflora and FTD codes to your website, so if a customer tries using them with you, they can.
4) Met with your designers and limited your offerings. If you want to make your holiday profitable, you need to offer less and mass produce more.
5) Have a brochure not only for your customers to order from, but also for your staff to use when suggesting bouquets to customers. Our brochure is still available if you would like a few. Fully customizable, it is your menu for Mother’s day. It is not product driven, but focuses on flowers not containers.
Here are some other important factors to keep in mind:
1) Calculate (based on last Mother’s Day) how many phone calls and staff are needed to answer calls. The general rule of thumb is 4 calls per hour. This includes walk-ins. So in an 8 hour day, you should see your employee take 30 -34 orders for the day. This is just for sales. If you took 70 orders a day, you need 2 people on phones, one on phone outs and one handling customer service. With this plan, if you go over and get 80 orders, one of the other two can jump in and help. By not knowing this equation, how do you plan your staff? For design and driver formulas, give me a call (941-308-3117). I would be glad to help you with your individual challenges. The production numbers are just about the same.
2) Be sure you have an expandable system for incoming telephone lines. I have some contacts you can use for an expandable system. If you are paying for individual lines at your shop, I have a few contacts that can get you approximately 10 phone lines expandable to 23 for around $325.00 a month. Now you will have the expandability to take on the holiday volume, have enough lines to use for calling out orders while receiving orders and not having to show a busy signal. You can also forward your lines when busy to your after hours service in the middle of the day. You can’t afford to miss another incoming call or order.
3) Only have one website for customers to shop. If you have more than that, you have a staff answering phones who cringe when a customer says they are looking at your website. They not only don’t know which website the customer is on, the employee has no clue what is even on that website. Don’t believe me? Ask any one of your staff. You should only have one website. It is like your logo, and it is your brand. Don’t complicate it.
4) If you don’t have an after-hours service, you need to reconsider. It’s 2012, everyone. The days of not answering phone calls are no longer acceptable. The internet and your website are available 24/7, and your ability to answer calls should be a priority.
5) Review and set up your Facebook strategy for visitors. Keep your Facebook page fun and full of interesting facts and information. Be careful not to use Facebook for advertising only. It will turn your customers off and they will most likely leave. Show off your flowers and explain what makes them special. Engage your customers. Keep it simple and informative. Check out other major companies’ Facebook pages for content ideas, and to see how they engage their customers.
6) Be sure to maximize the experience to engage your customer and/or get that 2nd order. With the thousands of visitors and the hundreds of orders being placed on your website, customers need to have the ability to download your free floralapp® from your home page and your online receipt page… especially mobile receipts.
Q: If your customer places an order on your Mobile Website, what will keep them exclusively with you?
A: Your app. Let them download your floralapp® after the order and lock them down. Here is line of copy you should put at the top of your receipt page:
Download our FREE smartphone app and SAVE $10 on your first order! It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s FREE. Just click here…
Being like everyone else is not enough. floralapp® costs less to operate than a phone line. Once you start sending push notifications of special offers to your captive audience and seeing orders, you will now understand the excitement of mobile technology and the advantage your app has over mobile websites. It is important you have it all. The website leads to mobile computing, the app secures the customer and the relationship. Don’t give the national gatherers a chance to get your customer. If there is a way to send flowers out there, you need to offer the option.
At Beneva Solutions, our name is our mission… to help you create solutions to our challenging industry and market environment. At Beneva Solutions, you do have a friend in the business.
If you do not secure your business and get new customers, your competition will. The choice is really yours…
You know, for years the number 1 attraction to wholesale presenters was floral tips and design. They just pack the house. I believe that the flowers today have never looked better and the design standards are raised to the highest level. Florists know how to design a beautiful bouquet, it’s getting the order for that design, the delivery, and the profitability that needs to be improved. While that may be challenging, I hope I made it fun for all. The footballs were used throughout the presentation and a gift was received by all who attended.
The very first step was simply plugging the holes of profit and the marketing, followed by tracking your results. It is interactive, and one of the best times I had presenting. What was surprising was after an hour and a half, when I was done, NO ONE LEFT! It was like the audience was paralyzed. People were thinking. The questions they asked were great ones. They realized that they could take control. Maybe they also realized the wire services are not necessarily the bad guys. Maybe they will all watch the video here where my guest at the shop, Paul from Jacques Flower Shop, stated it best: “Change and success starts in the mirror”. Check out the quick video. Success is not for everyone. It doesn’t come without a plan. We must all develop a plan!
Today, these florists are hopefully a little better prepared to tackle the future of retailing and take back the industry. It cannot be done alone.
Check out Billy form Kittelberger Florist who drive from Rochester to visit with his Ford Transit displaying a QR CODE on the back door! That was a first, way to go Billy! Remember the first time you saw a www. (URL) on a florist ad or business card? Welcome to the world of apps. For once, all florists will not be left behind and play catch up.
See the screen below of the projected app usage in the next four years, are you ready?
Thanks again Cathy for having me…It was a pleasure!
Arthur Conforti is joined by Paul Godbout of Jacques Flower Shop as they discuss Easter, marketing, advertising and the floral industry.
Also there is still time order our Mother’s Day Brochure. Click here for details.