Commit random acts of kindness and encourage others to “pay it forward” by taking part in SAF’s Petal it Forward campaign.
Participation is easy. Simply present two flower bouquets each to random businesses throughout your city. Recipients are encouraged to keep one bouquet and “Petal it Forward” by giving the other bouquet to someone in their life — or even a stranger — who could use a smile.
Bouquet recipients will be encouraged to share how they Petal it Forward by posting a picture on social media using #PetalItForward and tagging your Instagram and Twitter accounts.
They’ll also be reminded that they can continue to spread happiness throughout the year by visiting their local florist.
The campaign aims to generate social media coverage highlighting the benefits of flowers — the positive impact flowers have in our work productivity and emotional well-being — and positioning your website and social media channels as viable resources for consumers.
October 7, SAF’s marketing team will “Petal it Forward” on the streets of New York City. While SAF has focused its efforts on the city that never sleeps (because of its high volume of pedestrians and media opportunities), you can initiate your Petal it Forward giveaways in your own city.
Here are some tips to help make your campaign a success:
- Create a Petal it Forward card to attach to the flowers, which has instructions for recipients to share their experience. Be sure to add your shop name and/or logo to the back.
- Make sure your delivery team is wearing branded gear with your shop name and/or logo.
- Encourage flower recipients to take selfies and share on Instagram and other social media channels using #PetalItForward and tagging your shop.
- Promote your campaign on social media prior to the event.
Remember, flowers say a lot, so does your message. Here are some messages your team can use when handing out the flowers:
- Change someone’s mood today by Petaling it Forward!
- Research proves flowers bring happiness to the giver and the recipient. Petal it Forward and find out for yourself!
- We hope these flowers brighten your day. Now brighten someone else’s by Petaling it Forward!
- Spread some cheer today by Petaling it Forward!
- Studies show that you can change someone’s mood with flowers. Go ahead, Petal it Forward and brighten someone’s day!
- A flower for you and a flower for someone who is feeling blue. Petal it Forward and change their mood!
- Keep one for yourself and Petal the other Forward!