By now we’re all aware of the deceptive business practices of Flower Delivery Express, aka Wesley Berry Florist, Inc., But if you don’t think their unethical strategies are threatening you and your customers – you’re wrong.
The dishonest business tactics have grown from misleading search engine listings to flat-out lying by the Flower Delivery Express, aka Wesley Berry customer service agents. Below is a recording of one of their agents falsely stating the location of her business. Pay close attention to how the Flower Delivery Express, aka Wesley Berry agent responds when directly asked if she was in Sarasota.
The truth is; she was not located in Sarasota, but claimed that she was in order to secure the order. This is a big problem for our entire industry, and it affects every one of us – not only in lost sales, but also in lost trust from misled customers. The problem has grown so out-of-control that Teleflora has taken action and Google is working to eliminate the misleading listings from their search engine.
Wesley Berry had been a member of Teleflora since the 1950s, but that partnership is over. Not only did Teleflora drop Wesley Berry in April 2015, but they now have two lawsuits pending in U.S. District Court against Wesley Berry Florist, Inc., seeking more than $21.5 million for a number of accusations including false advertising.
A call to action
We need your help in eliminating deceptive order gatherers like Flower Delivery Express, aka Wesley Berry Florist from our industry. Please do a Google search for florists in your area and click here to report any bogus listings you see. As an industry, we have no governing body to report them to, so it is up to us to go after this issue publicly – for the sake of protecting our businesses, and our customers.
Below is some additional information on the public perception of Flower Delivery Express, aka Wesley Berry Florist’s business practices. Unfortunately this reflects back on our entire industry:
- Wesley Berry has lost its rating with the Better Business Bureau due to “numerous complaints” received about them recently. In fact, the BBB reports 4,967 complaints in the past three years against Wesley Berry Florist, Inc., including 1,746 in the past 12 months.
- The complaints don’t end there. Ripoff Report, a nationwide consumer reporting news agency, reports 72 complaints against Wesley Berry over the past four years, and 91 complaints against Flower Delivery Express.
- Yelp users paint a similar picture. The listing for the Wesley Berry Florist, Inc. in West Bloomfield, Mich., receives one star out of five from a total of 50 reviews.
- The listing for their store in Detroit also received one star out of five based on 38 reviews, and their other location in downtown Detroit received one star out of five based on 19 reviews.
- A fourth Yelp listing for Wesley Berry Florist, Inc., lists a location in Bay Point, Calif., with an unlisted address. This location received one out of five stars based on 71 reviews.
- Yelp also has a listing for Flower Delivery Express. Different name, but similar reviews – one start out of five based on 210 reviews.
- There is also an active Facebook page titled: “Flower Delivery Express/Wesley Berry Flowers is A SCAM” that currently has 650 likes.